Monday, December 21, 2009

CHANGING THE WORLD

 by anonymous

When I was young and free and my
Imagination had no limits, I dreamed of
Changing the world

As I grew older and wiser I realized the
World would not change

And I decided to shorten my sights
Somewhat and change only my country
But it too seemed immovable

As I enters my twilight years, in one last
Desperate attempt, I sought to change
Only my family, those closest to me, but
Alas they would have none of it

And now here I lie on my death bed and
Realise (perhaps for the first time) that if
Only I’d changed my self first, then by
Examples I may have influenced my
Family and with their encouragement
And support I may have bettered my
Country and knows I may have
Changed the world

2 comments:

akubarutahu said...

saya suka dengan kedua-kedua puisi tersebut, boleh tak saya gunakannya atau bacakannya bila saya suka? dan saya akan beritahu dimana saya dapat puisi ini?

Rosnah Ahmad/Mak Long said...

Salam,

Silakan. Moga ada manfaatnya.

Terima kasih atas sokongan